Bob Ong, or Roberto Ong, is the pseudonym of a contemporary Filipino author known for using conversational Filipino to create humorous and reflective depictions of Philippine life. Here’s our collection of some Bob Ong Quotes that can make you laugh, think, and literally change the course of your life.
1. Lahat naman ng tao sumeseryoso pag tinamaan ng pagmamahal. Yun nga lang, hindi lahat matibay para sa temptasyon. – Bob Ong
All people went serious when they find their true love. There are many boys, so few real men. By cheating on a woman, you are screwing her over for the long run – she’ll likely be unable to trust another man for years to follow. Real men don’t cheat. Real men would never hurt the woman they love.
2. Kung hindi mo mahal ang isang tao, wag ka nang magpakita ng motibo para mahalin ka nya. – Bob Ong
If you don’t love the person stop showing signs that you do. Stop pretending because you’re hurting them. If you really don’t want them in your life then please say so, don’t pretend that you enjoy their company.
3. Kung di ka kayang suklian ng taong minamahal mo, siguro ay wala talaga syang barya kaya wag kang magbigay ng buo. – Bob Ong
Loving someone who doesn’t love you is one of the most hopeless feelings in the world because it isn’t something you can control. When you love someone who doesn’t love you back, it hurts.
4. Mas madaling manahimik. Mas ligtas magtago ng opinyon. Mas kumportableng hindi magsalita. Pero may mga tao noon na hindi nakuntento sa mga “mas” na yan. – Bob Ong
Silence speaks volumes. Sometimes we talk our way out of an answer. Learn to shut up and listen! Sometimes some problems can only be solved if you are willing to shut your mouth and learn how to open your ears, heart and head.
5. Parang eskwelahan din ang buhay e. Marami kang pag-aaralan, pero hindi naman lahat ‘yon e importante at kailangan mong matutunan. – Bob Ong
Be a student of life. Some things are bound to happen to teach you lessons that you’ll never forget. Some are important but some aren’t. Indulge in it and absorb all the knowledge you can, while you can. You may have to loose some things to gain some things, and you may have to learn some things the hard way. That’s OK. All experiences are necessary. The purpose of your life is to live it in full, to partake in it to the utmost, to reach out with an open mind and an honest heart for the newest and richest experience being offered.
6. Minsan, kailangang ituro ng mundo sa’yo ang tama sa paraang masasaktan ka para matandaan mo. – Bob Ong
Sometimes life will beat you to the ground and try to keep you there if you let it. But it’s not about how hard life can hit you; it’s about how hard you can be hit while continuing to move forward. That’s what true strength is, and that’s what winning the game of life is all about.
7. Kahit kelan walang maling desisyon, nagiging mali lamang ito kapag hindi napapanindigan. – Bob Ong
We may go through life thinking we made the wrong decision if the decision we made turned out to be something other than what we expected it to be. However, this is not the case, for every decision, whether we think it is wrong or right, is just another experience in life.
We learn something from everyone who passes through our lives.. Some lessons are painful, some are painless. But, all are priceless. Who you are is what makes you special. When life pushes you over, push back harder. Where there are choices to make, make the one you won’t regret. Why things happen will never be certain. Take it in stride and move forward.